Middle Tennessee State University, James E. Walker Library, Associate Dean, July 2106-Present
I oversee library assessment and library faculty and staff professional development.
Stetson University, duPont-Ball Library, Head of Public Services, July 2012 – June 2016
- Implementation of library staff Core Competency Program
- Successfully lead a search for an Information Literacy Librarian
- Oversaw the redesign of library tutorials using LibGuides
- Planned Learning Technology Day at Stetson
- Co-planned documentary screenings and discussion programs for the NEH sponsored Created Equal Series
- Helped lead an overhaul of shared governance at Stetson University
I oversaw all Public Service units: Research Services, Circulation, Reserves, Interlibrary Loan, Library Instruction, and Government Information; trained, supervised, mentored, and evaluated Public Services librarians (3 full-time and 1 part-time) and staff (2 full-time and 4 part-time); developed Public Services policies and procedures; maintained the Public Services budget; and developed the Reference collection. I served as part of the Systems Administration Team and took a leading role in applying new technologies to the delivery of library resources and services to students, faculty, staff, and other library users; evaluated and chose public workstations and software; and served as the library webmaster with primary responsibility for creating and overseeing the library’s web pages and social media outlets. I also coordinated the staffing, maintenance, and scheduling of the library facility.
University of Central Florida, Curriculum Materials Center, Interim Department Head, October 2003 – July 2012
- Creation of an interactive online Information Literacy Tutorial
- Creation of the online interactive Tutorial in Information Literacy in Education (TILE)
- Creation of an online CMC orientation for EDG 4410
- Review and revision of all the CMC policies
- Weeding and shifting projects in the CMC
- Re-structuring of the Librarians’ Personnel Advisory Committee
- Development of an Instructor/Lecturer promotion process
- Development of campus wide annual evaluation standards and procedures
From 2010 – 2012 I worked as the Acting Department Head of the Curriculum Materials Center (CMC). As the Acting Department Head I oversaw all day-to-day operations of the library, wrote and managed operational policy, and created and achieved both short- and long-term organizational goals. I hired, supervised, and evaluated three paraprofessional staff and six student assistants. Additionally, I assessed their needs in order to provide the necessary training, equipment, supplies, and information. I marketed CMC services and collections to and supported the library needs of College of Education faculty, staff, and students. I developed, maintained, and evaluated the CMC collection and facilitated donation of gifts. I conducted CMC orientations and instructional sessions and created and maintained instructional materials in multiple formats including online tutorials and videos.
From 2003 – 2009 I worked as a Reference Librarian and the Information Literacy and Outreach Librarian at the Main Campus Library. In those roles I provided Reference service at the Reference desk and via Ask-A-Librarian for members of the UCF and surrounding community; managed and coordinated the UCF Libraries’ library instruction program, and taught both general and subject specific library instruction classes; collected materials in the subject areas of History, Marketing, Finance, and Economics; and oversaw the UCF Libraries’ Patent and Trademark Depository Program.
Louisiana State University, Middleton Library, Assistant Librarian, January 2002 – October 2003
I provided Reference service at the Reference desk and via Reference chat; collected materials in all the Business subject areas; taught subject specific library instruction classes; oversaw the Middleton Library’s Patent and Trademark Depository Program.