I am available to present at your library on a range of topics related to my writing and research interests. Below are some examples of presentation, program, and workshop topics. You can e-mail me email@example.com if you would like to discuss a presentation topic in greater detail or develop a different program.
The Leadership/Followership Process
- How leaders and followers work together to lead their organizations.
Creating Your Leadership Practice
- Successful leaders have purpose, focus, love their work, relate to others, and model the way. This presentation allows participants to develop their own leadership practice through reflection and examination of each piece of successful leadership.
Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Introduces the four elements (self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management) of the emotional intelligence framework, describe their component parts, discuss why they are critical to library leaders, and provide strategies and tips to better use and develop emotional intelligence.
Dealing with Difficult People
- This program addresses the general principles of working with and relating to other people including how to resolve antagonistic relationships, deal with passive aggressive colleagues, and relate to emotions at work.
Setting the Emotional Tone
- Describes how a library leader can set the emotional tone in his/her library. Setting the emotional tone involves everything from communicating with librarians and library staff, dealing with difficult people, and managing the emotional culture of the library.
Set Big Goals, Get Big Results
- This program will focus on setting big goals, why we should set big goals, and the course of action needed to achieve these big goals.
Stop Being Busy and Start Being Productive
- This program will focus on how we can do more of what will bring us closer to our goals, vision, and life’s meaning. This session will help you discover tools, tips, and methods to help you get the most out of your personal and professional life by developing good habits, having a plan of action, and limiting distractions so we can focus on the projects and goals that matter to most to us.
Introduction to Mindfulness
- This workshop will define what mindfulness is and is not, demonstrate how mindfulness works, its benefits, and how to practice mindfulness. The workshop will include mindfulness exercises.